Pages

Sunday already?

It's Sunday, and I can't believe the weekend is almost over?!? How does that happen? Where does it go? I shouldn't complain. I've had a pretty good weekend. Dinner on Friday was nice, game night last night was fun, I even got to have a facial yesterday compliments of my best friends. It's been a pretty awesome weekend really.

Funny story - we played Scattergories last night at game night. One of my co-workers was sitting next to me. We rolled and got the letter "B". We had to come up with a bunch of b letter words including a dessert. I put Banana Cream Pie. Co-worker but Butter Clumps. Say what? What on earth is a Butter Clump? In trying to explain himself he got the giggles as did another co-worker. They were near tears over Butter Clumps. Admit it, it's fun to say "Butter Clumps". I might even put it in this post a few more times just for the fun of it. Anyway, I've never had one so I had to ask what they are and question whether or not he'd get a point for that answer. Butter Clumps my friends are butter, sugar and flour. Basicly what you get in the mixer before you add eggs when making cookies or cake. I still don't know if it qualifies as a desert, but it was such a good laugh we gave it to him!

I did get a chance to talk to my SIL who is a nurse yesterday (she was nice enough to take me to the grocery store so I could get a few things) and she explained what it will be like when I have the surgery on my ankle. She actually did a rotation at the hospital and with the doctors who will be doing my surgery. It's nice to have an expert explain things to me. She's also had more surgeries that anyone I know!

I'm a super planner so knowing the step by step process of the surgery is really helpful to ease my fears and anxiety. At this point I'm the most worried about the pain. On the one hand it seems like my ankle has been broken for six weeks now, how much worse can it be? But then they are going to cut me open! That has got to hurt! Maybe a butter clump would make it better?

When I first heard that surgery was going to happen I kind of freaked out a bit. I even thought of postponing IVF even further just because I'm not sure I'll be completely healthy by May or June. But then I thought about it and decided we've waited long enough. If doctors think it's okay, then I think it's okay. So as soon as I hear from the ankle doctors about my surgery date I'm going to contact our IVF coordinator just to touch base and get ready for May/June. It's really not that far away...

Happy Butter Clumps to you!

8 comments:

Jo said...

See, that's why no one will play games with me. I'm the a****** that explains that NEITHER one of you gets a point, because you can't show me those "deserts" on a map. :-)

As for butter clumps, I think they absolutely would make a fabulous dessert and may make some next weekend. . .did you coworker share the recipe?

Hugs,
Jo

Erin said...

Ha! Jo, my typo ....oops! I fixed it. I'll see if I can get an official butter clump recipe. I'm guessing Paula Dean might have made them before.

kirke said...

If not Paula, maybe Rachel?

Your weekend sounds like it was fun!!

Melis.sa said...

i had to laugh at the butter clumps as well! Hope you have a great week!

Deathstar said...

ICLW. I've never had butter clumps (at least not on purpose) but I would substitute chocolate - that cures just about anything!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...butter clumps...that's awesome. it sounds like you had a great weekend.

iclw

Stacey said...

Butter Clumps, LOL!

Glad you had a great weekend! I love game nights. They always bring out the most random silly things!

Anonymous said...

butter clumps sound awesome. Surgery is always scary but think about how good it will feel to have your ankle back to full health again.