Pages

More potty humor...

I'm sorry, I can't seem to help myself...

I really don't know why potty humor is so flipping hilarious. I'm a just over twenty something grown woman and I still can't stop myself from laughing at a well placed fart joke or crapped pants story. It's a little ridiculous but it is what it is. This week the running theme has been fecal matter and not just at work.

I took the "literal" swearing game home and shared it with Charity who has embraced it whole heatedly (I knew there was a reason she's my kindred spirit...she's Anne and I'm Diana btw). Even going so far as to post some of her uses on my Facebook page. She and I were in a fit of giggles the other night, verbally sparing with our new lingo when her husband Bruce, who had been sitting quietly with his laptop, looked up at both of us and very dryly said "you two are real sphincters." Which of course caused us to erupt into even more giggling and use that new word in excess.

But then Bruce tells us this story about a woman who works at the hospital where he works. She's a pretty high level admin just walking down a hallway when a sewer waste pipe explodes on her. Yes, she was covered in feces. This poor, poor woman. I can't even imagine the horror.

After our initial shock at this story, and our heartfelt comments like "I hope someone sends her some flowers or a gift card for something like that" we were back to giggling. And maybe we're horrible people (nasty co-worker who has been thorn in my side the last two weeks thinks so) but you have to laugh at things like that in life. What else can you do really? I'm sure if it happened to me I'd be outraged, and I'd cry, and then a week later I would think it was pretty damn funny (okay maybe more like a month later). That kind of thing just doesn't happen, and yet this poor lady really had a very horrible, rotten, traumatic day.

I had a few bad days at work, but a waste pipe didn't drop a crap load of waste on me...get it? Crap load? Yeah go ahead and groan and roll your eyes at me...

The good news is I had a meeting with another one of my bosses this week and she still loves me. Thinks I'm better then sliced bread. I didn't even have to seek out the praise or toot my own horn. She just gets me and appreciates me and that makes dealing with other things at work a lot easier. Plus I don't have to take a shower or get tested for Hepatitis after a walk down a hallway!

Hope you all have a great weekend, sans any fecal matter...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh, Erin. You are so silly! I must confess that I can't help but laugh at potty humor either. That was the norm at my house when I was growing up, but definitely NOT at my in-laws' house! Geez, that makes it even harder not to laugh! :)