Pages

If wishes were horses...

then beggars would ride.

If only wishes were that powerful.

It seems I spend many hours and days wishing for things. I wish for the traffic light to turn green. I wish for my hot water heater to be full and hot. I wish for a slow day at work. I wish for my gas to last in the car. I wish for a baby.

So many times wishes are just little things, silly things to get you though the day. I make superfluous wishes all the time. It's so easy to be so needy. So easy to want.

If only wishes really worked.

If they worked there would be no war, no illness, no hunger. Children would have safe warm homes. Animals would be well cared for loved. People who want babies would have them. People with cancer would get better. People who can't make the mortgage would

No comments: