Pages

A weekend of celebration

Brew Fest, the one time of year I really let my guard down and have more than just a few drinks...The fire boat put on a little show as we walked across the river to Tom McCall Waterfront Park

It was a beautiful day, the temperature was 87°, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The Willamette River was sparkling under the sunshine and the beer was flowing.

I'm not really a beer drinker. It's an acquired taste that I have yet to acquire, but when it's hot out and the goal is to get a bit tipsy I'm in. So we imbibe in celebration of the 21st Amendment (which is also the reason I have a job where I do) and good friendship. We act totally silly and at times unruly, but it's all in good fun and for one day we're college kids again, drinking until we can't drink another drop. Telling funny stories and laughing so hard our tummies hurt. It's a beautiful thing. It's the one time I actually allow myself to be totally irresponsible each year. It's a breath of fresh air for this control freak.

There are many more pictures but most I really shouldn't post here. Like I said, we can be a little unruly and that often leads to some pretty not so adult photos. I'll post this last one of me and Cheryl who is a Brew Fest Trooper! She goes more than one day, way more than I can handle!


Tomorrow we celebrate the twinners turning three. Their actual birthday is today so after finishing up my present shopping I went over to their house and Tricia and I took them out for ice cream. Big brother Nathan was a great help, even offering to share his ice cream and coming up with the brilliant idea that the twins should open a present when we got back to the house. Sometimes I an in awe of how Nathan is with his younger siblings. He's really growing up which is fun to watch but a bit scary at times too...I'd of thought by now we'd have kids to be his cousins. As it is now, when we finnally do have them he will be so much older. That makes me a bit sad because I loved being with my cousins when I was younger. Cousins who were older really weren't on my radar. For good reason, they had other lives and I was just a silly baby...

Anyway, back to the twins and presents.

Picture Jake, sitting on the couch holding a wrapped present, shakes it and says, "There are legos in my present!" It was adorable. Can't wait to celebrate them again tomorrow!

No comments: