Pages

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!

I love palindromes, and I love plans!

I have a new plan, and that is to actually commit to running. I hate it. I absolutely hate running. I believe that people who say they love running are either lying or totally off their rocker. Running, however, makes you healthier and sometimes skinnier and I want to be both of those things.

My best friend runs marathons. I will not be running marathons. I will run 5k's, maybe 10k's and if I can work up to it maybe a half marathon. That's a HUGE maybe, but I have my eye on one in particular. But that's big picture, and right now I just need to put one foot in front of the other, literally.

I can currently run about a mile to a mile and a half without needing to take a walking break.

I have decided that by the end of November I need to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. By the end of December I need to be up to 3. After that we'll see how it goes.

But here is the kicker, I need to be held accountable for this running, so I'm going to log my running here. I've been inspired by my brother-in-law who is also running, despite the fact that he also dislikes it. Andy is kicking ass and taking names and I wanna be like that too.

I also work better with rewards so I've decided that I will get something special when I reach each milestone...and I want some help with ideas. I think rewards should match the task so when I can run two miles it should be something small, but when I reach my first 5k it should be special.

Okay, so now my plan is in print. It's official and now I have to get started. Sunday I run. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: