Pages

toilets, turtles, harry potter and goodnight moon...

...that's a short description of my evening last night. I got to babysit the munchkins while Trish and Justin went to dinner and a movie.

When I got there I was a little surprised to see Jake running around the house sans diaper and pants. Of course it all made sense when he promptly sat down on his brand new potty. I guess he asked for it all on his own, sounds like every mom's dream to me! Thankfully before Trish left she convinced hip to put his diaper back on. Auntie's are made to spoil children rotten and change an occasional diaper, not empty out potty's!

He's just so proud of himself I had to take a picture. He doesn't quite understand what he's supposed to do once he's sitting on it, but he has so much enthusiasm it just doesn't matter at the moment.

KayLee likes the potty, but I wouldn't say she's as gung-ho as Jaker. She really just likes to ware the little cushioned seat as a bracelet. Oh course that sends Jake on a mission to "fix" his toilet. Pretty darn cute all around.

After playing with the new toilet, reading a few books, jumping on the bed, playing with a turtley awesome stuffed turtle, and trying on everyone elses shoes it was time to put them to bed, so we had bottles, and read Goodnight Moon. Of course then we had to say goodnight to everything in the house. But they went down no problems and I felt succesful! Not an easy feat with 2 year old twins.












Almost time for bed!

Once the twins we down for the count I finally got to spend some one on one time with Nathan, who had been very good while his siblings were still up and running around the house. In fact there are no pictures of him because he was being so good at entertaining himself in other parts of the house.

He and I read a chapter to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets just before bed time. It was a whole different experience for me to read that to a child. He was so enthralled and excited. It made me want to reread the entire series though his eyes. I've missed the magic of Harry, Hermione, Ron and Hagrid!

All in all it was a good night, munchkin snuggles and one on one time with Nathan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.