Pages

An extra hug for you all

Tonight I came home and made dinner and now am just waiting for Scott to get home so we can spend some quality time on the couch. I feel the need tonight to just be with him, give him an extra hug or kiss.

Scott's friend and former business partner is back at the hospital, complications after his most recent bone marrow transplant. Complications were to be expected, he has no immune system on purpose, but I think this is extra scary. He has pneumonia. His organs aren't working so well, so his body is taking on fluid. He's not completely lucid and the nerve damage from the chemo has gotten worse. They are now saying the nerve damage could be permanent. At this point he can not stand on his own. I don't know that the severity will be permanent but knowing he may not regain full use of his hands and feet must be extremely hard to hear. He is 32 years young.

Greg and Shana are the most resilient people I know and yet today, I could hear in the words Shana types the stress and fatigue she is feeling. There is nothing I can do to make it better for them. No magic wand, no shooting star wishes, but Lord knows if I could I would.

What I can do is ask anyone who reads this to say a prayer, send a kind thought, put a positive vibe into the universe. It doesn't matter what God you pray to, or even if you pray at all. There is something about people focusing on one thing, a positive thing that makes it feel better. And I know that Greg and Shana would appreciate any help they can get. If you know of a prayer chain add them too, if you think of it.

I personally will be spending a lot of time talking to God in the next few days.

I've been teary for a large part of the day. I reread the updates, reread the notes people leave in their guestbook. It's hard to read, but I find some comfort in knowing they have so many people that care for them. So many people pulling for them.

I know I've said it before, but it really does make me rethink my priorities and pull myself out of any pity party I had planned.

Yes my goal for a family in on hold now, but their lives are on hold, their entire lives. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the little things in a day, when really our energy should be focused on helping those who need it most.

Cancer sucks.

Hug your loved ones, maybe a few times. And thank you for passing along the need for prayer.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm remembering your friends in prayer tonight.

Erin said...

Thank you Stacey, it means a lot.