Pages

How does your garden grow?

The sunshine came out on Friday and just about everything under it bloomed! My little pollen sensitive nose and eyes are quite upset at the moment. My face looks like Will Smith in Hitch when he has the allergic reaction. You know, puffy, gross. General ickyness. Here let me remind you what he looked like.



Okay, maybe I'm not quite that bad but this morning I couldn't open my eyes for the gunk in them and my head felt like it went to a college kegger party without me. Stuffed up and dripping snot at the same time. I'm pretty. Pretty pathetic! Damn the pollen.


So yes everything is in bloom, and while this means I am itchy and agitated, it also means the garden is looking A-MAZE-ING! I took pictures to share. The colors outside just make me so happy. Natures pallet is simply stunning. Colors so vibrant and rich.

The five minutes I spent outside taking these pictures resulted in a sneezing fit to rival all sneezing fits. I had to sit down because I thought I might knock myself over. Twenty-seven sneezes. When Sneezy the Dwarf retires I think I can safely apply for his job.



Pistachio Petunia (this might rival Lantana for my new favorite plant)



Raspberry Petunias


Vining Rose


Pink Peonies (these are now about three weeks behind!)

Tomato plants have blooms! That means we're going to have maters!

Strawberries! Hip hip hooray! We've got oodles and oodles of them!

We've installed a little Urban Fairy door. Hopefully a nice little fairy will take up residence and help our little plants with a bit of her magic dust. I think the gnomes could use a lady in their life too.


No comments: