Pages

Granny Erin

Hi. It's been a while. Oops! I guess life has been keeping me busy. Summer is like that. This summer especially. Trying to fit everything in before it's over. What happened to Summer? These overcast skies have got to go. According to the calendar I have three weeks of warn sunshine left. I want my sunshine!

In other news, I am back to the gym. I'd taken a little hiatus to do my running outside. Seems like one should take advantage of warm dry days and suck in (Yes I suck it in, moreso than breath. I'm running after all) the fresh air while traipsing around the city. Yesterday was so icky that the gym called and asked me to come get my ass back on the elliptical machine. Well technically it didn't call me, but it made me feel guilty when I drove past it. I give in to guilt. It knows how to work me. And boy did it ever!

I don't know what I was thinking. I walked in the with intention of spending 25 minutes on the elliptical and doing some light weights. For some reason I stepped onto the treadmill instead. And then I ran. I ran faster than I have run since I was a middle school track team member. Even then I only did sprints. So I ran two miles, without stopping to walk at all, at an 11 min/mile pace. That's fast for me. One minute faster than normal. I felt so good after (had to have been runners high) that I got on the elliptical for another twelve minutes. As a result of all this physical activity I feel like a ninety year old woman. I keep grabbing for my right hip when I stand up. It's pathetic. I feel like I could pull off the "shrunken little old lady" look today and actually yell out things like "Oy my sciatica!" I just need a little navy blue flower print dress with a doily collar. Yikes! No more gym hiatus. I should be able to pull off that workout and not feel as though a MAC truck ran me over, twice. I think running outside, while more fun and pretty, has really allowed me to slack off a bit.

So back to the gym tonight. With little less umph though.


No comments: